Measurement of coating layer structures
The coating of a component surface improves and preserves its quality and functionality in a long-term. The GFaI software Layers can measure these layer structures of a sample in quick and easy way. The sample itself can be created from a series of several images.
By clicking in the selected layer, all relevant areas are detected. Depending on the contrast ratios in the image, there is the option of manually outlining the section with the mouse.
To improve the image quality diverse filters or morphologic image operations can be used. If the layer edges are hardly visible or only partially formed, they can be outlined on the screen. In the next step, the layer detection can be started.
The euclidean distance transformation (EDT) generates a center line that leads directly to the coating thickness pattern or to discrete intersecting lines.
- Super fast 2D measurement
- Measuring of linear and annular structures
- Detection of minimum, maximum and middle layers
- Automatic edge detection
- Automatic generation of histograms and tables (MS Word™ or MS Excel™)
Continuous acquisition and measurement of stratification as well as:
- smallest value
- biggest value
- mean value
- standard deviation
- Number of measuring lines in a picture
- Distance of the measuring lines
- Vertical or at free angle measurements
- Measurement series of a sample
All settings and options are stored in profiles and can be reproduced at any time.