Computer Aided Facility Management
The Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM) group creates software solutions for planning, administration and documentation of commercial or industrial buildings and its technical infrastructure. Main topics are IT networks, building security and fire safety installations as well as various related services.
- Procedures for building modeling and automated structure analysis
- Building management and space allocation optimization algorithms
- In-house navigation and escape routing methods
- Network documentation software
- Building security systems (CCTV, public address systems, access control, building automation)
- Visualization and simulation methods for security and safety issues
- Variant planning and merging algorithms
Projects that have been completed can be found on the German subpage Computer Aided Network Facility Management.