The importance of crane systems for the global economy is enormous. No port, no industrial plant can do without them. Different varieties of crane systems, mostly as gantry cranes, are in use in all sectors of the economy. The condition of these crane tracks is essential for the function and safety of cranes during construction and operation.
The KBMW-III provides fast, reliable and high-precision measurement of runway rails for industrial cranes, portal harbor cranes, container-stacking cranes and others. Accurate information on the condition and alignment of the rail, such as deviating isometry or the position of the tracks in relation to each other, are measured exactly by the KBMW-III.
The runway measurement includes condition and safety criterias:
- Horizontal and vertical rail deviation
- Track width / distance between two rails
- Height difference between two rails
- Inclination of the railhead
- Increase of operational safety
- Minimization of rail wear
- Reduction of maintenance costs
- Increase of the plant availability (OEE)
- Optimization of handling characteristics and processes