Graph Based Engineering Systems
The research group Graph Based Engineering Systems (Graphing) develops software solutions for the modeling, simulation, and optimization of technical systems. A common feature of these software systems is the graphical approach to the modeling of applications and domains.
This is realized by using graph based models and graphical languages for which visualizations and editors are developed. Fields of application include energy system technology, production planning, error analysis and switch cabinet layout.
In addition to solutions for specific industrial applications, the group runs various research projects on models for graphical languages, their visualization and layout as well as simulation and optimization methods.
- Optimization, simulation and economic assessment of energy systems with TOP-Energy®
- Standardized and adaptive error analysis plus correction for production systems with QUICKSTEPS®
- Automatic placement and dimensioning in control cabinets with SwitchLay
- Planning, optimization and simulation of production systems with AutoPlan
- Software solutions to support life cycle assessments (LCA)
- In-house software framework for graph based engineering systems
- Model-based software development based on hierarchical state machines
- Development of graphical domain-specific languages and layout algorithms